IFHOHYP (International Federation of Hard of Hearing Young People) is an international non-governmental federation for national and regional youth organizations that are dedicated to hard of hearing young people throughout the world and is independent of sex, race, religion, nationality and politics. Our greatest priority is improving the quality of life and promoting equal rights for those hard of hearing at all levels of society. Our organization specializes in meeting the evolving needs of hard of hearing young people. We raise disability awareness on both a national and international level through activities run by and for hard of hearing youth aged 18 to 35.
The work of IFHOHYP is carried on three levels: educational, informational, and advocational while providing personal and professional development opportunities for our members. IFHOHYP is the only international youth disability organization, which is actively cooperating with the Council of Europe, an intergovernmental organization that works towards human rights, democracy and promoting cultural dialogue in Europe. We also work closely with an Advisory Council on Youth within the Council of Europe, which is a statutory body comprised of 30 representatives that can influence the political agenda of the youth and other sectors of the Council of Europe. IFHOHYP is an associate member of the European Disability Forum and United Nations Economic and Social Council.
IFHOHYP aims to support the development of a future global society where hard of hearing young peoplewill have equal opportunities, with appropriate support, to be integrated into the community and viewed as contributing members. This will be realized by:
- Holistic inclusion of hard of hearing young people to raise their visibility worldwide
- Establishment of a strong voice serving as an inspiration for hard of hearing young people globally
- Active awareness of hearing loss and its impacts in all levels of society worldwide
- Recognition of our rights and needs worldwide
IFHOHYP will be a global unified voice for hard of hearing young people by:
- To encourage better understanding of the rights and the needs of its members within the society
- To serve as a platform for cooperation and exchange of information between
member organizations, to encourage communication and cultural
interchange between all our members worldwide
- To establish links between IFHOHYP and organizations of and for hard of hearing young people worldwide, both at the national and regional level
- To defend the interests of hard of hearing youth and express them towards