Jugehörig welcomes all members of the International Federation of Hard of Hearing Young People (IFHOHYP) and all other hard of hearing young people to their youth conference and the IFHOHYP Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Zurich, Switzerland from October 9th to 13th, 2019.
All expenses such as accommodation, activities and food will be covered by Jugehörig. The activities will be fully accessible by means of available speech-to-text reporting.
Preliminary Program & Arrivals/Departures
Full details about the program will be provided as soon as they are available to the participants. Below you can find a summary:
- On October 9th (arrival day), in the evening there will be Ice Breaker and “get to know each other” games.
- On October 10th, in the morning there will be workshops activities hosted by Jugehörig. In the afternoon we will do a sightseeing tour to Central Switzerland and the Swiss Alps.
- On October 11th, in the morning there will be workshops activities hosted by Jugehörig. In the afternoon there will be sightseeing activities in the City of Zurich.
- On October 12th, there will be various workshop activities by Jugehörig/IFHOHYP and the first part of the AGM, which will be hosted by IFHOHYP. We will have a special dinner and program in the evening.
- On October 13th, there will be the second part of the AGM, followed by closing activities organized by Jugehörig.
Arrival: Wednesday, October 9th (after 16:00)
Departure: Sunday, October 13th afternoon (after 13:00).
Please inform us if you plan to only participate in some parts of the program (i.e. you will only attend to the IFHOHYP AGM).
Participants at the AGM
Each member organization of IFHOHYP is welcome to send 1 delegate and 1 observer. Other interested organizations or individuals can participate at the AGM as an observer; however, since space is limited, this will be on a first-come, first-serve basis upon receiving a submitted application before the indicated deadline.
To help with the organizational costs, participants will be asked to pay a fee of 50 euros. Participants will also be expected to cover their travel costs. Ideally, member organizations should cover those costs for their representatives at the AGM. Zurich is easily accessible by train (Zurich Main station) and by plane (Zurich International Airport) from anywhere in the world.
Location & Accommodation
Zurich is Switzerland’s center of economic life and education. Located in the heart of Europe, the city offers all the modern aspects of a cosmopolitan metropolis, without sacrificing its natural side.
The accommodation will be at the Hearing and Language Centre in Zurich, where we also carry out the activities and the AGM. The center is a school and dormitory for young deaf and hard of hearing students. Since it is holiday time during our stay, we have the center for us. The center offers comfortable facilities. We will also have all the necessary infrastructure such as induction loop and it is barrier-free.
Address: Frohalpstrasse 78, 8038 Zürich
To express your interests in participating at the youth conference and IFHOHYP AGM 2019, please apply to the following form link by July 31st, 2019:
If you require assistance with visa application, contact us immediately to ensure documents are given to you in a timely manner.
Detailed information regarding program, accommodation and AGM documents will be sent to all participants one month before the AGM. If you have any comments and/or questions about the event, please do not hesitate to let us know at email@example.com
Questions concerning AGM should be forwarded to Jugehörig. We look forward to seeing you in Zurich!
Jugehörig & IFHOHYP Board